As a Liebster Award recipient, we’d like to thank Good Golly Miss Molly for the nomination. EB and I went right down to the Maserati dealer and picked out the hottest car in the showroom. Thanks to the Liebster Award for their generous support. We rolled out of the dealership in EB’s new Maserati and he had “Bad to the Bone” cranked up. I must have heard it fifty times as we cruised all around Raleigh.
EB sends his congratulations to all of the other nominees, even if they did not all receive a new Maserati.
The Liebster Award is meant to promote great blogs with less than 200 followers. The goal is to generated exposure and allow more people to discover these great blogs. Here’s how Liebster Award works…Nominees are asked to:
– post eleven facts about themselves
– answer the eleven questions they’ve been asked
– nominate eleven other websketches and ask them eleven questions of their own.
– display the Liebster award.
– there are no actual prizes awarded just recognition by fellow bloggers
Eleven Facts about Easter Bunny (EB)
1. EB has a plan for Middle East peace. He would gather all the leaders and sit them around a table with a stack of mouth watering, hot, freshly baked, Krispy Creme doughnuts in the center. The doughnut police would not allow anyone to have one until the peace treaty was signed.
2. EB enjoys jazz, and blues. Two of his favorite obscure artist are Diogenes Ruiz and William D. Burton.
3. EB was shot out of a cannon by mistake one day while visiting the circus. No one was hurt, but the bearded lady was put on a two week leave of absence for negligent cannon lighting.
4. EB is a Downton Abbey fan. He has watched every episode. His favorite character is Bates and he hopes that his leg will be cured so he can enjoy a good hop.
5. EB hopes that “A Rabbit’s Tale An Easter Story” will make it onto the New York Times bestseller’s list, so he can go on Oprah and talk about it. He wants everybody who reads this to buy a copy at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BEIQYPC
6. EB loves sci-fi movies, and thinks that they should have written a role for him as Anne Frances’ bunny in the 1950’s movie, Forbidden Planet. She didn’t have a bunny in the movie, but should have.
7. EB really does think that ordinary people can do extraordinary things. He is a big Nelson Mandela fan.
8. EB attended the Justice Theater Project’s presentation of Julius Ceasar last night..
9. EB has family in every state of the country. Some of them are jealous of his Easter Bunny celebrity status, but most are happy for him. His cousin Flapper Jack is one of his favorite family members because he shares his love of peeps and sci fi and rollercoasters.
10. EB wants to be the first rabbit to go in to space as a passenger and not as an experiment.
11. EB knows where Big Foot lives, but has sworn not to tell. He also thinks that Big Foot is crazy for wanting a Donald Trump hairdo.
Answers to Eleven questions from Good Golly Miss Molly:
1. The best day of EB’s life so far was the day he was ceremoniously sworn in as the Easter Bunny and was thus granted some magic powers pertaining to spreading Easter cheer, much the same way Santa can travel to millions of different households in one night.
2. If EB could be somebody else for a day, he would want to be President Obama. As president EB would make carrots a universaly free food. He would also try to talk some sense into Congress and reward them with free peeps for a week and a special Easter basket. Each Easter basket would contain a copy of “A Rabbit’s Tale An Easter Story”.
3. His three favorite foods are pizza, carrots and sweet plantains.
4. EB is not grown up. Neither am I. Our markers will be when our ashes are blowing in the wind.
5. EB’s favorite special object is a Tao cross , like the one St. Francis had. It was blessed by the Pope.
6. If EB could make up his own astrology sign, it would be a doughnut, two cocentric circles. People born under this sign would have sweet and kind dispositions, and they would be agents of positive change in the world.
7. EB was home schooled so he asked me to list my favorite teacher, which was Mr. Garvey, our English teacher. He liked everyone, was always cheerful. In an all male high school, which was cruel and unusual punishment, there were a few good teachers. Mr. Garvey was the best.
8. The last musical performance EB attended was at the Big Easy in Cary, North Carolina. Diogenes Ruiz was playing with William D. Burton and Jake Stone. It was great!
9. “The Shy Stegasaurus of Crooked Creek” was EB’s favorite book, because he was shy like the stegasuarus.
10. EB gave up thinking that Easter was all about him. This happened recently, as he learned that Easter is really about Jesus and EB’s role is to help us celebrate it.
11. EB’s favorite mode of travel is ELF, which stands for Electric Light and Fun. It’s a fully covered bicycle with a motor and a solar panel on the roof, so you never need gas. It is made in Durham, North Carolina.
My Eleven Nominees for the Liebster Award
Questions for My Eleven Liebster Award Nominees
1. What animal best represents your personality and why?
2. If you were a superhero what super power would like to have and why?
3. Who most influenced you to become the person you are today?
4. What is your favorite dessert?
5. If you could travel to anywhere on the planet where would you go and why?
6. What is the best book you ever read? What made it special?
7. What is your favorite movie? Why?
8. Do you think there really is such a thing as a Chimpmanzee?
9. What would you say to yourself if you could go back in time ten years, and could only say three words or less?
10. If you could create a national holiday, what would it be called and what date would you choose.
11. When was the last time you gave thanks, and what were you thankful for?